Greta Zamparini - Artist, Actress, Author, Poet, Teacher

ottobre 08, 2020

 About Greta Zamparini 


To act is to look at the world through someone else's eyes. It is filling the shoes of a a different  person for a while. Its greater enemy is prejudice.

I have been acting since I was in high school. I graduated as an actress from the Italian Drama Academy of Milan in 1999 at  23 years old. My teachers and Mentors have been Giorgio Strehler, Michele Abbondanza, Franca Nuti. Ferruccio Soleri, Bruce Myers, Cristina Pezzoli, Micheal Margotta.  I have been working for the Italian National Companies and the Italian TV for the first ten years of my career, then I started searching for a more personal approach to this art: I co-founded a Theatre Company in Milan from 2008 until 2013. We won prizes, we directed Theatrical Reviews in the city and we were in Milan's central theaters with at least two shows a year.

Greta Zamparini

 In 2013 I  wrote and directed my first One Woman Show: “TEMPORANEAMENTE TUA” on the subject of prostitution. To do so, I volunteered for four years with a solidarity association in Milan, “Somaschi Onlus” which helps women who are victims of sex trafficking. I weekly met those women in the streets where they were working, by day or by night, giving them psychological, medical and legal support when needed. From this experience I wrote and performed a show which is a profound journey, yet at times  ironic, on what it means to sell parts of ourselves for money or for comfort, or for whatever gain and why we ever do it in a degree or another. I then wrote  the second half of this inquiry on prostitution and produced and direct a show about sex clients, who I interviewed personally over six months: “Quanto Vuoi” has been performed by the Italian actor Umberto Terruso. These two monologues  are the product of my deep curiosity for the archetypal link between money and sex. 

My present acting coaches are Gary Condes and Tom Radcliffe.

 WHAT'S NEXT

My new theatre project is  “ITALY 45” and  is to debut in January 21st, 2021 in Turin.  It is co-written co-directed and co-starred by me and Italian actor Sax Nicosia. It is a story of love, songs and ideologies in post war destroyed Italy.  It feeds on my present  curiosity about ideologies and how they work to drug masses, dividing people and putting us one against the other, driving us away from the fact that we are actually one.

 During Covid I also wrote my first short movie: “INSECTS” which is going to be shot next spring in an island in Italy. It is a  poetic story about the strength to find your voice and to stand your ground against people who do not share your sensibility or your beliefs. 

 I will then work on my next One Woman Show on the subject of  humans responsibilities towards Mother Nature and the catastrophic consequences that the extension of  an unbalanced relationship with it will bring. I performed the first ten minutes of this studio in Actors East, London, in December 2020, in english with a great success.

OTHER

In 2012 I have written two stories for children and non children  which have then been watercolor painted and animated by Marco Ponzi.

I have taught acting in two schools in Milan for seven years.

Visit Greta Zamparini website here to keep up to date with her latest shows and events. Read more articles about Greta Zamparini on her Medium page here.  

 

 

You Might Also Like

0 commenti